15 February, 2012

Finally! Our Siquijor Trip is Pushing Through

Early morning, despite waking up to a slight headache from last night's drinking, I called Ocean Jet and asked if there would be any trips to Siquijor.  The lady answered yes but told me to be at their ticketing office early as tickets and rebookings for those with yesterday's canceled trips are on a first come, first served basis.

Our tickets were actually bought at Grandhope Travel in Ayala.  I asked the lady if I should have it rebooked there but she said rebookings should be done in Ocean Jet itself's ticketing office.

We arrived at Pier One at about 12:00 noon so there were not that many people though I took long at the counter due to our complicated transaction and the fact that the cashier miscalculated my fees.  As we were now behind by a day due to yesterday's trip cancelation and cannot extend for a day more since my friend has a flight back to Manila on the 11th, we decided to scrap Dumaguete off from our itinerary.

Initially, the cashier charged me cancellation fees for our Cebu to Siquijor tickets.  I had to remind her that it was not our fault that their trip got canceled due to earthquake, which is a force majeure.  She then rebooked that leg for free then extended 80% refund on our Siquijor to Dumaguete and Dumaguete to Cebu tickets (no full refund since we completely changed our itinerary by taking out Dumaguete and changing our travel dates) and made us pay for the rate difference on our new tickets.

Here's Ocean Jet's contact details.
Ocean Fast Ferries, Inc.
Pier 1, Cebu Pier Area, Cebu City;
T: +63 (32) 255-7560
E-mail: customerservice@oceanjet.net
Website: http://oceanjet.net/
You may also check Grandhope Travel, which is located in convenient places such as SM Cebu and Ayala Center.  I bought mine from the latter.  Ocean Jet tickets are sold there at the same price as when you buy in Ocean Jet's ticketing office though there's a surchage of Php50.00 as their service fee.  I was thinking paying Php50.00 makes more sense than paying much more for a taxi that will take me to Ocean Jet's ticketing office at the pier.
Grandhope Ventures Ltd. Co.
Travel & Tours
4/F Services Ayala Center
Cebu Business Park
T: +63 32 268-9009

No comments:

Post a Comment